The Perfect Weed Control Schedule for Lawns in Oklahoma City, OK
October 4, 2022
Weeds are not your lawn's best friend, instead taking any chance to better themselves at the cost of your grass' health and aesthetic appearance. Weeds are the last thing you want, and this blog is about the perfect weed control schedule for your lawn in Oklahoma City, OK! First, you'll want to apply a pre-emergent weed control treatment in late winter to get ahead of spring weeds. Then, you'll want to use post-emergent weed control treatments in the spring, summer, and early fall. You'll also want to apply another pre-emergent in the late fall to prevent new weeds from germinating. With a weed control schedule tailored to the needs of your lawn here, those pesky nutrient thieves won't stand a chance!
Apply a Pre-Emergent Weed Control Treatment Before the Start of the Spring Season
Pre-emergent weed control treatments are a highly effective method of weed control because they block newly germinated weeds from sprouting above the surface of your lawn. Because of this, you'll want to apply a pre-emergent treatment before the start of the spring season spring to get ahead of spring weeds like crabgrass, dandelions, chickweed, henbit, and clover. Then, you can apply another round of pre-emergent in the early spring to extend the protection.
Use Post-Emergent Weed Control Treatments From Late Spring Until Early Fall
Post-emergent weed control treatments target weeds that have already surfaced and are applied directly to them, soaking into the soil and killing them at the roots. These treatments will eliminate any existing weeds on your lawn so they can't drag down your curb appeal or steal nutrients from your grass, and you should apply them in:
- Late Spring: A late spring post-emergent application will handle the weeds that were already passed a certain point in their growth cycle and were able to grow beyond the early spring pre-emergent application.
- Early Summer: You should apply another round of post-emergent weed control treatments in the early summer to kill off weeds that have surfaced since the last application.
- Mid-Summer: Another post-emergent application in the mid-summer will eliminate weeds and ensure they aren't stealing much-needed nutrients from your lawn during the hot summer.
- Late Summer: You'll want to treat your lawn again in the late summer with another round of post-emergent weed control.
- Early Fall: You should apply a post-emergent treatment one more time in the early fall to ensure no weeds are present before the winter.
Apply Another Pre-Emergent Weed Control Treatment in the Late Fall
With winter around the corner, you'll want to get ahead of winter weeds by applying another pre-emergent weed control treatment in the late fall. This treatment will prevent weeds from germinating until you can administer the next pre-emergent treatment right before spring. That way, you can go into the new growing season without the nuisance of pesky weeds!
Sign up for our weed control service to prevent and eliminate weeds on your lawn!
At Elite Lawn Care, we can help you prevent and eliminate weeds on your lawn with our weed control service! We have created the perfect weed control schedule for the lawns here: we'll apply pre-emergent weed control treatments in the late winter and early spring, post-emergents in the late spring, summer, and early fall, and one more pre-emergent in the late fall. You can trust that we'll do the most for your lawn and ensure it remains weed-free to enhance its curb appeal and health.
We offer our weed control service to residential property owners in and around Oklahoma City, OK, including Edmond and Mustang. Call us at (405) 679-3546 to sign up and give your turf everything it needs to stay weed-free all year.